Posts tagged: csp
Like the most annoying thing about having something somewhat obscure like dermatillomania is all the “resources” can google just tell you in depth what csp is and say therapy and fidget toys and support groups
And I was trying to google like skin care stuff
Because the major problem I find is anything meant for wounds to prevent infection is meant to just be used on one small area, and there’s just a lot of specialized skin care concerns and I just want resources that are more helpful than every google result being Dermatillomania 101
I did my nails to help stymie my picking
Sometimes when I’m all full of positivity I wonder if stretchmarks can be tiger stripes, why can’t I be a leopard?
Does anyone know if there’s a link between compulsive skin picking and add/adhd?
I dunno, im starting to wonder if I have add and skin picking is something i frequently hyperfocus on when getting distracted from a task
Normally in the summer
I’m all “Can’t leave the house, too hot for long sleeves, someone will see my arms.”
And today I actually thought “I have no desire to leave the house. It is too cold to bare my arm, no one will see it.”
This is good
This is happy.
I still have one icky derma arm
But look at my kickass tattoo!
- It feels good
- It gives me control
- I destroy my skin
- I am left with horrible scars
- My self-esteem plummets
- I am constantly spending money on skin products and makeup
- I stop myself from enjoying things because of my condition
- I am consistently self-conscious and hard on myself for it
- It stops me from pursuing relationships with people
- My family suffers when they see my face
- It’s always on my mind
- I don’t actually have the control I think I do when I do it because I am a slave to the behavior
- One minute of feeling good leaves a lifetime of scars that make me feel not so good
- I get into fights with people who don’t understand it and it’s pointless trying to explain it to them
- It stops me from actually leaving my house
The list goes on, these are just what I could think of right now. I encourage you to make your own Pros and Cons list and put it up next to your mirror so when you get the urge to pick take a look at it and remind yourself why it just isn’t worth it.
This so bad right now.